Check out these "10 Commandments" and consider implementing them to ensure that your loan process will go smoothly!!
The Borrow's Ten Commandments
- Thou shall postpone any career moves until after your closing. If at all possible, try not to make a career move during the time between your mortgage application and the closing on the home you are purchasing. One of the factors mortgage companies consider is the length of the present employment; they are partial to stability.
- Thou shalt not apply for new credit. Why not? Because applying for new credit changes what is called “debt-to-income ratios” (the relationship of your income to your debt). This could impact your ability to qualify for your mortgage loan and may initiate a new round of paperwork.
- Thou shalt not incur new debt such as purchasing or leasing a new vehicle. This should go under the general heading of “no new debt.” As with any debt, this will change your “debt-to-income ratios” and may cause you not to qualify for your mortgage.
- Thou shalt not charge up your credit card balances.
- Thou shalt not make a very large deposit or withdrawal from your bank account.
- Thou shalt not change your mind after locking a rate.
- Thou shalt not co-sign for someone else’s loan.
- Thou shalt not spend your down payment money.
- Keep holy thy closing date and paperwork. Please try to schedule vacations for AFTER your closing date. If you have started packing for a move, remember to keep out any bank statements, tax returns, or other important paperwork.
- Thou shalt not file for divorce prior to closing. I know this is a sensitive subject, but filing for divorce affects your marital status in a court of law and this change of status may sometimes complicate the process when paperwork is being finalized.
For resources and tips on financial services, please
LIKE my Facebook Page, Follow me on Twitter or Connect on LinkedIn
Sr. Residential Mortgage Lender
2140 Bagnell Dam Blvd, Suite 303B
Lake Ozark, MO 65049
Direct: (573) 746-7211
Cell: (573) 216-7258
NMLS #: 493712